Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pinterest in the classroom.

There are so many ways that Pinterest can be used in the classroom. You can type in your subject and it will give you a numerous amount of pins to look through to get ideas, handouts, free lesson plans, etc. Pinterest is such a good way to get creative ideas to make your lesson plans more fun than the normal, boring ones. When teaching English, it is easy to find lesson plans that are very dull and don't seem like they would be very much fun for students. I can remember many of them when I was in high school. But with Pinterest, there are so many ideas to take those lesson plans and build bigger, better and more interesting ones! You could also use Pinterest as a lesson, by making the students create their own board and start to research some of the things that will go with the career path they are thinking about.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9JRaddDNWaPYzZ5d1hvc1FhX2c/view?usp=sharing

Above is a link to an assignment I made for my future English classroom. I found the activity using Pinterest and added it to my own Pinterest page. This goes to show you that Pinterest is a valid place to find and create lesson plans. I also completed the assignment myself after I made it.

I chose this particular lesson plan to complete because I love to write, so this gave me an excuse to write a few of my own opinions and I did have some personal opinions on the subject matter that was found on the assignment. I also chose this assignment to complete because I wanted to see if I could create an assignment and fulfill it as easily as I personally thought I could. It's always a good idea to try to complete a lesson plan so that you know for sure it is doable for your students as well.

I learned that I did make some very clear instructions and used the assignment given to fit some of the curriculum frameworks. I felt that I did a good job in choosing the framework and explaining the assignment well. I thought it was easy to follow my instructions to finish the assignment and I really enjoyed it.

I personally love Pinterest, so I am so exited to know that there is so much more to it than just finding ideas for my home and food! Haha. It can very well be a tool that teachers can use in their classrooms!

Here is an overview of the steps I had to take in order to finish my assignment:


1). First I was asked to review the parts that go into making an argumentative essay. So I researched on Google "how to write an argumentative essay" and this is what came up. So I reviewed each of the elements. 



2). Next I was asked to think about some of my own opinions regarding the topic which was "Should cell phones be allowed in schools or not?" So I thought about it for a little while and wrote down some of my own opinions. 


3). Next I was asked to do some research on the topic. So I turned to Google again and typed in "Should cell phones be allowed in schools?" I came across an article that talked about the pros and cons of cell phones being in schools and got some great ideas for my essay. 


4). Then I was asked to plan out my paper using all of the elements of an essay. So I wrote out each element and then placed at least one sentence by each to help the planning process. 


5). Last, I was asked to type the paper in Word to print and hand it in. So I took all of the things I learned and planned in the previous steps and applied it to my paper. I finished the essay by typing it on Word. 


No comments:

Post a Comment